Introduced at the Miami Boat Show in 2013 the Marlow 66 Explorer gained popularity quickly and the model has been in high demand since. “Joan’s Rondevous” is the newest Marlow 66 Explorer to hit the brokerage market and, and has been priced attractively in this new in-demand boat market. Her classic lines, attention to detail, superb craftsmanship, and the overall beauty of this yacht make her one of the most sought-after vessels in its class. Featuring a Command Bridge that provides the ability to cruise in the shallow waters of the Bahamas, the rest of the vessel provides all the comforts of home during extended offshore trips.
Deck & Cockpit
Boarding is a joy from the expansive swim platform or from one of the boarding entries on either port or starboard side. From the swim platform looking forward you will notice the unique divided transom with the single row of steps going up the middle of the stern up onto the cockpit. Once on the cockpit you will find two separate seating areas to the starboard and port aft corners of this space, each with a varnished teak table securely fixed to the deck. On the forward starboard corner of the cockpit there is storage space along with a docking station equipped with throttle controls and bow and stern thrusters. On the port side, are steps leading up to the upper aft deck with a door under these steps that provides access to the crew quarters and engine room.
The Salon is accessed from the aft deck through wide double doors. Upon entry, you will notice the classic high gloss teak and holy flooring that ties in with the teak walls and cabinetry throughout the yacht. Elegant Camphor burl has been used in strategic locations as an accent. To starboard there is a large TV on a lift with an AV Cabinet that houses the Direct TV and Bose Surround sound system. To port “Joan's Rondevous” has a beautiful large slightly curved settee that is directly across from the TV. The aft starboard corner of the room houses a wine cooler under counter with glass storage above. The center of the room is accented by a built in wet bar that has 3 stools. The Bar has a sink, ice maker, and lots of storage. This salon is perfect for entertaining. The forward cabinetry has great storage for extended cruising.
- Wine cooler
- Ice Maker
- Teak blinds
- Seviche Granite salon Bar
Forward of the salon and up three steps brings you to the galley and dining area. The galley is well equipped and outfitted even for the most demanding of chefs. Seviche Granite countertops offer plenty of surface area in this space with ample storage all the way around. Just forward of the galley you will find a large U-shaped dining area with comfortable seating and table space with additional storage to both port and starboard. The 360 degree views from this dining area allow for a relaxed environment to soak in the beauty of your surroundings.
- 2x Subzero refrigerator/freezer combo units (4 drawers)
- Extra set of sub zero refrigerator drawers on forward galley (2 drawers)
- Dacor 4 burner Cooktop
- Dacor Oven
- Fisher Paykel Dishwasher
- Disposal at sink
- Trash compactor
- Franke Sink
- Teak blinds
- Seviche Granite countertops
Mechanical / Electrical
The engine room has standing headroom and has been designed to allow easy access to all equipment. Placing fuel tanks forward of the engine room allows the full beam to be used for equipment placement providing easy access for maintenance. Attention to detail enables key maintenance access making it an owner-operator friendly vessel. The twin sea chests provide all sea water to the engine room through redundant sea chests that are cross plumbed, a much-improved safety factor over most boats built with ubiquitous inlets wherever it suits the builder with little to no regard to functional serviceability. Commercial and military vessels often use sea chests for the same reasons. Two 21.5kW Onan generators in custom sound boxes and mounted forward in the engine room provide redundant electrical power at sea (each generator will independently carry the entire vessel’s electrical load). The dual, redundant and supplementary water chillers and the start/finish of the circulating cold/hot water closed loop are here in the sound insulated machinery area keeping unwelcomed noises from waking guests in the middle of the night. The Naiad stabilizer hydraulic system is also found here in the engine room. The fuel tank is located at the vessel’s center of gravity which translates into no requirement of fuel management for trim or ballast, allowing all supply and return valves to remain open unless equipment isolation is desired. Fuel levels can be checked via sight tube mounted up against the fuel tank on the forward part of the engine room where it is easily accessed and viewed. Aft are the Seatorqe oil filled shaft systems for each shaft which greatly reduce friction, increase overall performance and reduce vibration contributing to the Marlow Explorer’s reputation for a “smooth ride.” Stainless steel engine beds atop carbon fiber stringers support the engines on soft motor mounts that reduce vibrations transmitted to the boat from the engine. The thrust plate absorbs the forward thrust and transmit it smoothly to the hull through the carbon fiber stringers.
A separate pump room is located below the forward berthing compartment with access from the companionway. This space contains the fresh water and drinking water filters and pumps, redundant water pump and water distribution manifold.
- Twin Caterpillar C18 1015 HP engines
- Two 21.5kW Onan generators in custom sound shields
- Yacht Controller
- 900 GPD Sea Recovery Watermaker
- Outback inverter and charger
- Centaur 24V 60AMP Charger
- Centaur 12V 40AMP Charger
- Two Charles Isoboost shore power conditioners
- Side Power Bow Thruster (20HP)
- Side Power Stern Thruster (20HP)
- 2 Aft 50 Amp Shore Power inlets- All with Glendenning Cable masters
- Backlighted electrical Panels
- Carbon Monoxide detectors in all berthing spaces
- Seatorqe oil filled shaft system with thrust plate
- Soft Motor Mounts
- Two Cross-Connected Sea Chest Sea Water Intakes with clean-outs
- Drypoint Demister air Intake System
- FRP Fuel Tank (3000 gallons) with sump and clean-out
- Fuel Manifold and proprietary Sight Gauge
- Dual Racor fuel filters with pressure gauges for each engine and generator
- Fire Suppressant System
- Engine Room Lead/Foam Sound and Heat Insulation System
- 4x High Volume Engine Room Blowers
- Color coded Piping
- ESI Fuel Polisher system
- Polished Stainless-Steel Engine beds with carbon fiber stringers
- Gel coated bilges
- Oil change system
- LED Engine Room Lighting
- Common Drainage System from Bow to Stern collects deck drain, scupper and sump discharges
- Underwater Exhaust
- Underwater lights
- AGM Batteries
- Air-Conditioned Engine Room and Crew Quarters
- Morse Electronic controls
- Naiad Stabilizers
The Command Bridge on “Joan's Rondevous” provides a 360 degree view giving you great sight lines while navigating. Fully equipped with an array of navigational tools including 3 large Garmin Screens, Autopilot, Yacht Controller, VHF radios,and numerous other navigation aids, she is a dream vessel for any owner/captain. There are 2 Stidd captains’ chairs mounted at the helm with all navigational equipment at your fingertips. On the port aft corner of this space there is a large Subzero refrigerator and to starboard you will find a large seating area ideal for lounging or dining. Ample storage throughout the entire command bridge.
- Day Head accessible from outside of Command Bridge
- Dometic Vacuflush head
- Teak blinds
- High glass teak table
- Sub Zero Drink fridge
- Teak and holly flooring
- Twin Stidd helm chairs
- Three (3) 15” Garmin 8215 touch screen displays
- Garmin 25 KW HD2 , 6-foot array radar
- Garmin GHP-25 Autopilot
- Garmin Marine WiFi adapter kit
- Garmin GSD-24 Digital Black Box Sounder
- Speed Depth and Wind independent displays
- Garmin AIS-600
- Garmin GMI 20 Insturment (3)
- Garmin GMX 52 XM Satellite Weather
- 2x ICOM M604 VHF with hailer horn
- KVH Tracvision HD7 Tri America SAT TV - 8 Direct TV receivers
- Geosat Rogue wave ethernet with 8’ WiFi Antenna (Aigean Wifi)
- Netcomm 4G cell terminal
- Garmin Marine Cameras (5)
- Gost Phantum system with GPS tracking, door sensors, high water sensor, and smoke sensor.
- Audio: Fusion Audio with JL Speakers
Aft of Sky Lounge
Aft of the Command Bridge, the upper aft deck on “Joan's Rendevous” houses an outdoor entertainment area that includes a grill, sink, plenty of storage, and a big deck space that holds the tender while underway.
The master stateroom is full beam and provides warmth and comfort. The king size bed is center-line with abundant drawer storage and hanging lockers to either side of the bed. The head is aft with his and hers heads with sinks and storage with a shared shower on center.To starboard there is a comfortable bench/seating area with a large hanging locker on either side. On the port side you find a large vanity area with a row of drawers aft and a hanging locker forward. Additional storage is located in drawers beneath the bed and in the deck below. Shoji screens to port and starboard permit light to enter the stateroom while providing privacy in marinas.
- Beautiful high gloss Camphor burl wood on cabinet top surfaces and headboard
- Satin Teak walls
- High gloss Teak and Holly floors
- Grohe shower in master head
- Grohe chrome faucets
- Cream Marfil countertops in heads countertop
The VIP is spacious and welcoming for your guests. A large elevated bed sits center-line with drawer storage underneath. Hanging lockers are found to either side of the bed and two additional storage cabinets are located to port and starboard above the bed. This room has private access to its own VIP head.
- Large Samsung LED TV
- Satin Teak walls
- Teak and Holly high gloss floors
- Cream Marfil on head countertop
Port Guest Stateroom
This stateroom provides two single berths, hanging locker, and drawer storage. Large portholes allow natural light to brighten the room. The en-suite guest head has plenty of storage for toiletries and a large walk-in shower.
- Satin Teak walls
- Teak and Holly floors
- Cream Marfil on head countertop
Starboard Guest Stateroom
This stateroom was built as a fourth stateroom that has spacious upper and lower bunks with a nightstand with storage and hanging locker. The area has a sliding curtain on tracks encloses the room if privacy is desired by your guests.
- A large port light
- Satin Teak walls
- High gloss Teak & Holly floors
- Twin bunks (upper and lower)
- Hanging locker
- Storage Drawers
The crew quarters has a separate private entrance from the rest of the sleeping areas. This space is configured with a Queen sized single berth, head with shower, hanging lockers, drawers and bins, refrigerator, and TV to the starboard side. The starboard side has been built with storage cabinets and are perfect for spare parts..
- LED TV
- Chest Freezer
- Garmin Navigation screen integrated with main system
- Small refrigerator
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.