Enter the companionway from the raised step from the cockpit. Several steps down to the main salon. To port is the galley which is a well protected area when cooking at sea. To starboard is a nav station/desk area with standard and custom cabinets. Aft to starboard is a small double quarter berth. This has been converted to a storage area with cushions removed and a custom cabinet added which houses and electric panel and the inverter.\ This storage cabinet as well as additional shelving added outboard in the quarter berth is easily removable if conversion to the original quarter berth is desired.
Under the steps is a removable cover that houses the NEW 2021 Yanmar diesel engine and provides good access.
Forward and a small step down is the salon with centerline folding table and keel stepped mast. Tankage on the Cabo Rico 38 is below the floors, down low, providing additional ballast in a well balanced hull. Starboard settee extends forward to form a larger berth.
Generous storage is provided behind the settee backs, above in shelving and enclosed locker space as well as beneath the settees, providing additional storage in an area where many boat builders house the tanks. Settee seat covers and backs in very good condition.
Forward to port is a small locker and shelf with a larger cedar lined hanging locker forward, which has been converted with acrylic shelves to a handy storage area. (These shelves are removable if a new owner prefers the hanging locker storage.)
To starboard is an enclosed head with generous storage, an integral hot/cold pressure water shower, sink and doors to either the salon or the forward stateroom.
Forward is a V Berth master stateroom. Storage outboard is generous and forward is a bulkhead door to access the anchor chain locker.
Newly (2021) refurbished Teak and holly sole floors. Beautiful hand crafted interior woodwork and joinery.
The Cabo Rico 38 has one of the widest forward berths we have seen in a 38 foot cruiser.
Builder & Designer
- Builder; Cabo Rico, Costa Rica, CA
- Designer;Ã?Â William Crealock
- LOA: 41'
- LOD: 38'
- LWL: 29'3"
- Beam: 11'6"
- Draft: 5'
- Displacement: 20,000lbs
- Ballast: 7800lbs (encapsulated lead)
- Sail Area: 750 Sq Ft
Engine and Mechanical Equipment
- Fuel: (2) Total 60 USG. 1 fiberglass and second aluminum (in cockpit sole)Ã?Â
- Water: (2) Forward 50 USG (Not in Use), Aft under salon sole: 110 USG
- Holding: 40 USG
- New 42hp Yanmar Diesel Engine (approx. 45 hours) (2021)
- New racor fuel filter
- Manual Bilge Pump (Whale Gusher)
- Electric 12 V DC bilge pump
- Stainless steel double sink with H/C Pressure water
- Generous dry storage area.
- Enclosed sliding covers on shelf storage
- Adler Barbour Super Cold Machine (water cooled) (2011)
- 8 cu foot refrigeration/freezer storage
- 3 Drawers
- Dish, cup, pot and pan storage
- Food storage cabinets
- Separate Fresh water tap with filter for drinking water
- Force 10 LPG/Propane 2 Burner stove and Oven
- Propane solenoid safety switch and gauge
- Propane locker vented with room for (2) 20 lb tanks.
- Two Propane tanks included
- Drawers for cutlery and other kitchen gear
- GE domestic water filtration system
- Red/white overhead dome light
- Solid teak stove tray
- 120 V AC Power
- Shore Power Cord with 30 amp cable (2012)
- 120 V Electrical Panel
- 12 V DC Power
- 12 Volt Electrical Panel
- Xantres True Charge 20 amp battery charger
- West Marine 1000 watt Inverter (2015)
- (2) Deep Cycle Lead Acid 6 volt golf cart type batteries in series for House Bank
- (2) NEW 2018 additional 6 VDC golf cart type batteries makes a total of 4 house bank
- House bank: 420 Total amp hours
- (2) Deep Cycle Lead Acid 6 volt golf cart type batteries in series for House Bank (2017)
- (1) 12 V DC Starting Battery (2016)
- Hi Output Powerline 120 amp engine alternator
- KISS Wind Generator with Trace C Series Multifunction DC controller by Xantres and Heat sink
- Blue Sky Solar Boost 2000E controller (2014)
- Garmin 740 GPS Chartplotter (2017)
- Garmin 210 AIS radio (2018)Ã?Â
- ICOM M45 VHF Radio mounted at companionway for easy access cockpit or salon
- Standard Horizon CP 180 Color GPS Chartplotter with external GPS antenna
- COMNAV Hydraulic Autopilot (2010)
- Raymarine ST60 Depth Sounder (2010)
- Raymarine ST60+ Wind Gauge
- Global Fix Pro GPS EPIRB (2015)
- LED NAV lights (2010)
- Anchor and steaming light incandescent
Sails and Rig
- Lofranz Tigress Electric Windlass with bow mounted Up/Down controls with dual capstan
- Spade 45# primary anchor with 160' 5/16" G4 Hi Test chain and 200' Nylon Rode
- Genuine Forged Bruce anchor 44# with 60' 5/16" Chain and approx. 200' Nylon rode
- Stainless Steel Stanchions (2011)
- Stern stainless steel boarding ladder (2017)
- All Canvas (2011)
- Canvas deck cover (2) forward deck and aft deck (2013)
- Bimini in Sunbrella "Brass" with stainless steel frames
- 2 side shade curtains for cockpit
- 1 aft shade curtain for cockpit
- Port and starboard Spray Curtains for cockpit mount to lifelines in very good condition-lightly used.
- All Sunbrella canvas in good condition
- Dive Ladder at Transom by Garelick. 5 step folding compact and removable.
- Additional portable West Marine boarding ladder
- Wheel steering system with stainless steel on quadrant.
- Helm instruments at wheel pedestal
- Mast has mast steps 2/3 way up
- Breeze Booster for deck hatch
- Stainless Steel outboard motor lifting pole with block and tackle
- Outboard motor bracket on stern pushpit
- Aluminum Whisker Pole
- 2 Dorade Ventilators
- 3 overhead opening hatches
- Bronze opening ports
- Screens for companionway
- Barient SS Self Tailing Winches (2)
- Teak Cockpit folding table
- Atlantic Sail Traders Main Sail in Good condition with partial battens, sail cover and 2 reefing points..
- Mainsail canvas cover and Lazy Jack system
- Staysail in Good condition with a single reefing point!
- Self tacking staysail on boom with canvas cover
- Yankee 90% in good condition.Ã?Â Ã?Â
- Atlantic Sail Traders Genoa 135% sail in very good condition with UV Sunbrella cover
- Harken Roller Furling System
- LED Spreader Deck Lights
- LED Anchor Light
- Standing Rigging replaced 2020
- Integrated full keel with modified cutaway
- Encapsulated keel (NO KEEL BOLTS!)
- New Ablative Bottom Paint (2021)Ã?Â
- No bottom blisters
- Deck is a Baltek (manufactured balsa) core.
- No history of delamination
- Protected Propeller
- 3 Blade Fixed PropellerÃ?Â Prop is overpitched for improved maneuverability
- Protected rudder
- Raritan Marine Head with Holding Tank
- New Macerator Pump Ã?Â (2018)
- Shower and sink with H/C Pressure Water and shower drain with sump pump 12 V DC
- Life Jackets; 2 Offshore and 3 Coastal
- Flare Kit
- Fire Extinguishers
- Life Sling
- EPIRB with GPS
- This is a clean well maintained example of a Cabo Rico 38.
- She comes with all manuals, full builders schematics and plans
- Owners personal gear is not included in the sale
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.