Burger Boats Information
Burger Boat, located in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, is the builder of custom designed yachts that are considered by many knowledgeable yachtsmen to be the Rolls-Royce of the yachting world. Burger Boat was founded in 1863 and went on to produce its first welded steel yacht in 1938. Burger Boat transitioned to welded aluminum in 1952. Burger yachts present every option and amenity conceivable.
Over the last fifteen years, the Company has experienced tremendous growth while continuing the heritage that is Burger. Each new yacht embodies the history and traditions of Burger while featuring the latest technologies and designs.
The Burger Boat yard today is a considerable departure from the shipyard that existed just fifteen short years ago. The capability of this shipyard has increased and Burger can now construct world class vessels up to 200 feet in length.
In 2005 the company invested $2 million in the Joiner Shop which included a new 49,500 sq. ft. offsite facility. Other investments included state-of-the-art CNC machines, a custom built dual station router and machining center in addition to a highly efficient spray booth and drying center. In 2006 a new Marine Travel Lift with a 550 ton capacity was purchased and a launching well was installed along with a new state-of-the-art building shed that was erected making the historic Burger shipyard into a world renowned showpiece. New office space was the last component to fulfill the long-range plan to update and improve the facilities. In the summer of 2006 a new 40,000 sq. ft. corporate headquarter building situated also alongside the Manitowoc River was acquired just minutes away from the shipyard. In short, Burger has entered the large yacht market with astonishing speed and now has the infrastructure to effectively compete in the global marketplace.